Scrub Time!



     I don’t know about you, but having oily skin has been the bane of my existence ever since the day puberty first kicked in. I am talking about pimples popping in the middle of my forehead right before an important date or a presentation, pores the size of the Grand Canyon and blackheads that give my face a not-so-attractive strawberry look. So, if you have been experiencing the same existential problem as me, join the club!
    For years I have been trying all sort of miracle products that swear to make your skin silky smooth but, if there’s one thing I’ve learned is that no matter how much you spend on extravagant beauty wonder creams or serums, without the old basic exfoliation, you might as well throw them out the window.

   Why is exfoliation important you ask? Well, as you might have already read on other tens of beauty blogs, during the day, our pores can get clogged with dead skin cells, dirt and makeup (so no news here!). Together with sebum secreted by our skin, this leads to those "beautiful" blackheads and “mini volcanoes” that have ruined our mood and social life so many times…uhh.
   Therefore, my very first article will be about a simple and natural scrub recipe that I have been using for some time and it did wonders for my skin.

    Here’s what you will need:
    1. Coffee (2 table spoons)
    2. Cinnamon (1 table spoon)
    3. Honey (1 table spoon)




   So 3 ingredients! They’re cheap, they’re easy to find and they’re here to save that pretty face of yours! Of course, if you have allergy to any of these ingredients, pretty please, do not use it!

    Just mix them together in a bowl until it gets that creamy texture:




   If you want to feel extra special, you can also add some tea tree or orange oil. Now, apply it on your clean face, using circular movements with your fingers and avoiding the eye area. Do not overdo it as it can irritate your skin, especially if you suffer from acne.
   After massaging my face with this scrub, I usually leave it on for around 10 minutes, so the skin can benefit from the yummy ingredients. You might feel a small stinging sensation from the cinnamon. If you have some leftover, don't throw it away. You can use it to massage your thighs and your legs after you shave.
  Once the 10 minutes have passed, rinse off with warm water. And there you have it! Skin as smooth as a baby's tush!

  I recommend using this scrub once a week. I personally have a weekly routine to keep my skin clean and soft (stay tune for a future post with all the steps). It helps me get rid of that flaky, lizard like skin and prevents blackheads from building up (I have also noticed that it terminates some of the existing ones as well). Also, very important, please use sunscreen when going out (pretty please!).


  Hope you liked this article! Let me know how this worked for you and if you have suggestions regarding future beauty tutorials, I'd really love to hear from you!

  



 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

My Weekly Skincare Routine